1. Jameis Winston- Florida State QB: Still the heavy favorite. He has seemingly settled down of late and hasn’t had any more known trouble. If FSU is in the race again as they should be, look for Winston to do what only Archie Griffin has done and win 2 of those Heisman’s.
2. Marcus Mariota- Oregon QB: Dark horse contender. Would have a much better shot if he played in the East and would have benefited by playing in different seasons.
3. Brett Hundley- UCLA QB: Really big talent with not much chance. Equally good passing and running and a great leader. UCLA favored to win the Pac 12 South.
4. Todd Gurley – Georgia RB: In most people’s eyes, Gurley is the top RB in the country and could challenge for the trophy with a huge junior season.
5. TJ Yeldon- Alabama RB: Only a frontrunner if he can hold off the talented sophomore Derrick Henry and keep his job.
6. Nick Marshall- Auburn QB: Marshall was one of the big stories of 2013. He will have a huge senior year and possibly be a serious contender for honors.
7 Bryce Petty- Baylor QB: Chances are slim to none, but he will put up huge numbers this season. Next year’s Baylor QB will do the same and then the next as well.
8. Braxton Miller – Ohio State QB: Chances might be better than one would think since he is the top player in the Midwest and Ohio State gets plenty of media attention in the East where most voters reside.
9. Leonard Fournette – LSU RB: I have to leave Fournette in the race because he is a super talent and will play in the beloved SEC.
10. Dak Prescott – Mississippi State QB: Prescott has been called another Tim Tebow by some. Probably has much better talent than Tebow when all is said and done. It’s just going to be tough sledding at Miss State in the SEC West.
11. Melvin Gordon- Wisconsin RB: This guy is much better than a lot of people think. Has power and plenty of speed.
12. Duke Johnson- Miami RB: Johnson is explosive like few others. He’s an extreme long shot at best, plus he needs to make it through the entire season without injury.
13. Mike Davis- South Carolina RB: Tough running player with plenty of quickness. He just keeps getting better and better.
14. Ameer Abdullah – Nebraska RB: Smaller back with excellent speed and moves. Put up huge numbers last season and should do so again. Team will need to be better if he has even an outside
15. Javorius “Buck” Allen- USC RB: Only rushed for 785 yards in 2013 but most of that was in the last 6 games when he came on strong. Should have a huge year and USC is the only Western team that the Eastern Media loves. Allen is from Tallahassee, Florida if that makes anyone feel better.