1. Georgia- Lost their outstanding 4 year starter at QB, but they have the Gurley man returning and there’s little chance of repeating last year’s injury problem and bad luck against Auburn. Defense should be improved with the addition of DC Pruitt from Florida State.
2. Missouri- Maty Mauk era begins at Missouri. Green-Beckham is the best receiver in the country and a high pick in next year’s draft. Offense will be very good, not so sure about the defense. Update: Best receiver in the country is also the worst burglar. He is done at Missouri. I am thinking I will place the Tigers below Florida.
3. South Carolina- Replacing Shaw, Clowney and Quarles will be no easy task, but the Gamecocks should be pretty good. Dylan Thompson may have a break out year.
4. Florida- Gators still have a defense, but they need somebody to step up at QB.
5. Tennessee- The Vols should be good again, but not this season after losing all 5 starters up front on the offensive line.
6. Vanderbilt- James Franklin is a huge loss.
7. Kentucky-Will be interesting to see if Mark Stoops can change things here.
1. Alabama- Need a QB to step up, but somebody will. Too many athletes at other positions to be denied again this year.
2. Auburn- Gus Malzahn and Nick Marshall are a deadly combo. They were extremely lucky in 2013 and I seriously doubt they can repeat that, but they should be good.
3. LSU- Defense will be stout yet again. Like so many other schools, they need a QB to step up but I am sure somebody will. Look for Leonard Fournette to be an instant star here.
4. Ole Miss- I am tempted to rate them up with Auburn. Should be the year Ole Miss makes a move with a solid senior QB.
5. Texas A&M- Can’t replace Johnny Manziel. Defense was last in the entire SEC and it will take time to change that.
6. Miss State- Kind of sad, but the Bulldogs might be pretty good and they are going to be hard pressed to finish better than 6th in the West.
7. Arkansas- The Hogs were really young last season and may move up dramatically this season. I am not sure they deserve a bottom ranking here. They had some outstanding freshmen last season and they have a good coach.