1. Ohio State 1-0: The Buckeyes got a scare in the second quarter, but they did play better after half. However, they were fortunate that Hokie Quarterback Michael Brewer broke his collar bone.
2. Alabama 1-0: The Crimson Tide played as expected against a decent Wisconsin team with a new coach.
3. TCU 1-0: The Frogs had to fight to beat Minnesota.
4. USC 1-0: The Trojans blew through an inferior opponent. Bigger tests lay ahead.
5. Auburn 1-0: The Tigers barely beat Louisville, but showed signs of a great team.
6. Baylor 1-0: Beat up another inferior opponent.
7. Florida State 1-0: Transfer Quarterback Everett Golson started slowly but finished strong and the running game got it going early and often.
8. Georgia 1-0: Running game is awesome, and new Quarterback Lambert was solid. Defense looked scary good.
9. Michigan State 1-0: The Spartans were not overly impressive.
10. Notre Dame 1-0: Either Notre Dame is really good or Texas is really bad.
11. Oregon 1-0: Vernon Adams was solid at Quarterback, but that defense is not up to par. We will see in East Lansing.
12. Georgia Tech 1-0: It’s hard to learn about some of these teams with the schedules they play.
13. Arkansas 1-0: The Piggies are coming.
14. Ole Miss 1-0: We still don’t know who the real starter is at Quarterback.
15. Clemson 1-0: Tigers lost a top player in Mike Williams, but they are talented.
16. LSU 0-0: Lightening cost the Tigers their opening game, but why should they drop in polls.
17. Oklahoma 1-0: The Sooners travel to Tennessee next.
18. Texas A%M 1-0: The AP did not have them ranked but they were favored over Arizona State. I had them ranked last week.
19. Tennessee 1-0: True test this week with Oklahoma coming to town.
20. UCLA 1-0: True freshman Josh Rosen was majorly impressive.
21. Mississippi State 1-0: The Bulldogs had their problems with Southern Miss.
22. Missouri 1-0: The Tigers have experienced Maty Mauk back at Quarterback, but true freshman Drew Lock is intriguing.
23. Arizona 1-0: The Wildcats struggled against UTSA for the second straight season.
24. Wisconsin 0-1: The Badgers can still have a good season.
25. Arizona State 0-1: Not impressive on opening day.