1. Florida State: 3-0, Won without Jameis Winston but their stock is dropping fast.
2. Alabama: 4-0, Blake Sims was impressive against the Gators, but a hard road ahead.
3. Auburn: 3-0, Kansas State is better than people back East want to admit.
4. Oklahoma: 4-0, Sooners impressed in Morgantown, West Virginia. Hard place to play.
5. Oregon: 4-0, Nearly every championship team has a struggle or two during the season.
6. Texas A%M: 4-0, The rest of the SEC schedule will be really interesting for the Aggies.
7. Stanford: 2-1, This is a good, hard nosed football team.
8. Ole Miss: 3-0, Great, great defense but still must improve their own running game.
9. Notre Dame: 3-0, The Irish tend to be overrated but I think this year is a good team.
10. Georgia: 2-1, They still could win the Eastern Division of the SEC.
11. LSU: 3-1, lost but showed a lot of heart in fighting back something their fans should learn.
12. UCLA: 3-0, showed they can win without Brett Hundley.
13. Michigan State: 2-1, a rematch with Oregon might provide much different results.
14. Baylor: 3-0, A machine, but they only play patsies.
15. Mississippi State: 4-0, beat LSU at Baton Rouge at night. Good team.
16. Ohio State: 2-1, The Buckeyes should steadily improve this year.
17. Arizona State: 3-0, They have a tough road ahead and lost Taylor Kelly for at least one game.
18. Oklahoma State: 2-1, Also lost their QB, but back up is good.
19. USC: 2-1, Trojans are really young and will be interesting to see how they respond to loss.
20. Penn State: 4-0, Probably overrated but they are undefeated.
21. Wisconsin: 2-1, Melvin Gordon is one of best backs in America and Tanner McEvoy is improved
22. Clemson: 2-2, The Tigers are better than their record indicates.
23. South Carolina: 3-1, Picked it up some since the opening embarrassment.
24. BYU: 4-0, .Undefeated
25. Nebraska: 4-0, Huskers have struggled some but stepped up against Miami.
26. East Carolina: 3-1, hung 70 on North Carolina and only loss coming at South Carolina.
27. Missouri: 3-1, Maybe they can learn from loss.
28. Washington: 4-0, Unbeaten but experiencing growing pains.
29. Arizona: 4-0, Tougher schedule looming.
30. Iowa: 3-1, Should have beaten Iowa State.